Skip to Main Content

Speeding Ticket Amendments

Speeding Ticket Amendments / Speeding Violations
An individual charged with speeding within the city limits of Parsons is eligible for an amendment to the speeding ticket that would keep it off of that person's driving record if certain conditions are met.

The conditions are:

  • The violation cannot have occurred within a school zone or school crossing zone
  • The violation cannot have occurred in a designated road construction area
  • The individual must not be speeding more than 20 mph over the posted speed limit
  • The individual must pay double the fine

If all of these criteria are met, the speeding ticket would be amended to a speeding violation that is not reported to the State of Kansas for driving record purposes. If a person desires to have his or her speeding ticket amended, he or she must contact the city attorney prior to payment for approval.

Ross Albertini
City Attorney

112 S. 17th St.
Parsons, KS 67357

Ph: 620-421-7068
Fx: 620-421-7003

Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.