Skip to Main Content

Animal Control

Animal Control Services
Animal Control Services are provided by the Parsons Police Department. For reports of animals at large, call 620-421-7060 to file a report.

Pet Licenses
Read the city ordinances before registering your animal. Exotic Animals are prohibited in the City Limits.

Dogs and cats are required to be licensed in the city of Parsons. Pet licenses are good for two years based on the required rabies vaccination date. Spayed and neutered animals are $12 each and intact animals are $20 each. Tags are available in the City Clerk's office Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Allen Vet Center, and Parsons Pet Hospital.

Shelter Services

Animals picked up by the Animal Control Officer within the city limits of Parsons are taken to Parsons Pet Hospital, 5021 West Main, Parsons. They are boarded for three days as they wait to be claimed. After that, animals left are generally released to the vet for adoption or possible euthanization. Pet owners are responsible for paying all veterinary fees and licenses before animals are released.

Outside of the city limits, animals can sometimes be found at Proud Animal Lovers (PALS) Shelter, 24052 Meade Road, Parsons. Their phone number is 620-421-0445.

Animal Recovery Fees:
Click here or here to read both ordinances regarding animals at large, and for more information on recovery of animals that have been picked up by Animal Control in Parsons.

Removal of Dead Animals
To report dead animals in the roadway, call 620-421-7060. 

Ordinance #6510

Ordinance #6511