800 E. Main
Parsons, KS 67357
Hours: Daylight to Dusk
- Agility Station
- Dog Toys
- Open Space
- Picnic Shelters
With the help of a Room to Run Grant from the Nutro Company, the City of Parsons opened the Parsons Dog Park a few years ago. The park has two areas, a large dog space for dogs more than 16 inches tall at the shoulder, and a small dog area. The two areas provide a safe environment for dogs to run off leash.
Rules of the Park
- Pit Bulls are NOT allowed within the Parsons City Limits per Ordinance.
- Dog owners are responsible for any injuries or damage caused by their dogs.
- Dogs MUST display current rabies vaccination tags (& City License if resident of Parsons).
- Dog owners MUST clean up after their pets.
- Puppies under four (4) months of age are strictly prohibited.
- Dogs should be spayed or neutered. Female dogs in heat are prohibited.
- Aggressive dogs are prohibited. Dogs must be removed at the first sign of aggression.
- Remove any pinch, prong or spiked collars before entering the play area.
- Dogs should be leashed upon entering and exiting the park.
- Dog owners MUST be in visual contact with their dogs at ALL times.
- No more than three (3) dogs per owner.
- Rawhides, food (dog or human) and glass bottles are not permitted in the Park Area.
- No smoking in the park. Cigarette butts are harmful to dogs if swallowed.
- Dog Handlers are required to wear shoes. No bare feet please! Some types of worms can enter your body through the soles of your feet.
- Children in the Park under 12 years of age must be under strict adult supervision. Children have a tendency to scream and run when excited, which can trigger a dog's prey drive or natural instinct to chase. For this reason and for the safety of your children, we do not recommend bringing small children and infants into the dog park.
To report Animal or Park problems, please call: 620-421-7060.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in a citation punishable by a fine.
The rules are for your safety and the safety of your dogs.
Offending animals may be excluded from the park.