Skip to Main Content

New Home Programs

USDA Rural Development
Currently, the Community Development Department works with USDA Rural Development to help get families with stable employment and a good credit history low interest loans to purchase homes in Parsons.

For further questions or to fill out a pre-qualification application for rural development assistance, call 620-421-7030.

Limited Grant Funds Available*

Currently, there are grants available for up to $7,500 for home rehabilitation through USDA Rural Development, if you qualify. There is also an opportunity from USDA Rural Development for low-interest loans for rehab to those who qualify*. These programs are subject to federal funding. This program has income restrictions.

SEK-CAP Weatherization Program
Another program that can be beneficial to residents is the SEK-CAP Weatherization Program. This program can help to provide insulation, crack sealing, and other things to homeowners in need. This program has income restrictions.

Applications are available on the second floor of the Municipal Building:
112 S. 17th St.
Parsons, KS 67357

Laura Moore
Community Development Director
Email Laura

112 S. 17th St.
Second Floor
Parsons, KS 67357

Ph: 620-421-7030
Fx: 620-421-7056