Trash Pickup Days
Monday - Bulk pick up must call before 9 a.m. on Monday
Tuesday - Third Ward
Wednesday - Fourth Ward
Thursday - First Ward
Friday - Second Ward
City Sanitation Services
In addition to traditional trash services provided by the Utility Department, the city offers bulk trash pick-up, special electronic waste recycling days and a self-serve tree dump.
Bulk Trash Collection
There are two easy steps to get your bulk trash picked up. On Mondays, (excluding all holidays), call 620-421-7010 to schedule your special pick-up before 9 a.m. See the complete brochure at the bottom of this page. All approved and separated materials will only be collected curbside. Items eligible for the bulk service include:
- 10 or more bags of yard waste, leaves or grass clippings (<10 should be set out with your regular trash service)
- Sofas, mattresses, tables, and other large furniture items
- Household appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, washers, dryers, microwaves, etc.
*There are special restrictions for the above appliances, and any appliance containing refrigerants. Doors need to removed, all food and materials need to be removed and appliances containing compressors/refrigerant are subject to a $20 removal fee.
- Car, trailer and pick-up tires
Passenger Car tires: $5.00 with rim $8.00; Large Tires $10.00 with rim $13.00; Tractor Tire $25.00
- Tree Limbs/Brush (residential waste only, no commercial waste accepted). Bundles should be less than 4-feet in length and 12 inches in diameter. Thorny vegetation must be wrapped in cardboard before bundling.
- Carpet Rolls should be taped and cut into 4-feet lengths/12 inches in diameter.
For details regarding dumpster sizes and fees, see brochure below.
The City Tree Dump is available only to residents who show proof of ID and current city utility services. Trees, limbs and brush are accepted during two drop off times. The Tree Dump is located south of the Parsons city limits on US 59 just east of the Waste Corporation Transfer Station. Spring and Summer hours for the Tree Dump is Mondays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Fall and Winter hours are Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Please call 421-7000 before hauling a load to check what season schedule we are operating the Tree Dump under.
|Residential curbside collection, once weekly
|Residential walk-up service, once weekly
|Commercial can route, twice weekly
Other dumpster sizes are available and prices are based on dumpster sizes. Call for details. (per ordinance 6355 - 01/04/16)
Free Firewood Saturdays:
- Must check-in at station
- Only available during operation hours
- Must bring own equipment
- No Smoking
- No one under the age of 10 allowed on premises
Must sign liability waiver.